For over twenty years, the Hillsborough Arts Council has been serving the arts and cultural needs of the Hillsborough community through a diversity of initiatives and services.
The Arts council is a volunteer, non-profit organization whose primary role is to support the arts and enhance our community through education and by organizing events that feature local artists for the enjoyment and education of the general public.
- The Hillsborough Arts Council meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. at 220-B South Churton Street.
- All who are interested in the Hillsborough, NC Arts Council and its programs, who want to know more about the arts in Hillsborough, or who have suggestions for future Arts Council programs and events are welcome to attend meetings.
- Hillsborough Arts Council article in Wikipedia
The programs are funded, in part, by grants from the North Carolina Arts Council, the Hillsborough Tourism Board, The Town Of Hillsborough, NC other state funded agencies and by individual donations. This support allows the council to offer numerous arts related educational services, workshops, community events, programs and exhibitions.
The Hillsborough Arts Council works in partnership with The Town of Hillsborough, NC, The Hillsborough Chamber of Commerce, The Alliance For Historic Hillsborough, the Orange County Historical Museum, the Historical Foundation of Hillsborough, The Arts Council, schools, community groups, local, state, and national governmental agencies, including other nonprofit arts organizations.
Our goal is to meet the arts and cultural needs of the Hillsborough, NC community through a diversity of initiatives and services.
- We believe the arts are essential to the life of the community.
- It is the mission of the Hillsborough Arts Council to support and to expand the opportunities for diverse artistic expression and to bring the community together in celebration of our rich multi-cultural heritage.
We gratefully acknowledge the hard work and efforts of our visionary founding members, our Board of Directors, Staff and all the volunteers who have worked to make The Hillsborough Arts Council a vibrant and essential community service organization... THANK YOU ALL !
Board Of Directors:
|Gail Cooley and Tinka Jordy|| Co-Chairs|
|John Delconte||Vice Chair|
|Marie Smith|| Secretary|
|Pip Merrick|| Board Member |
|Blair Ackiss|| Board Member|
|Jim Campbell|| Board Member|
|Marion Jackson|| Board Member|
|Neil Stutzer||Board Member|
| Bill Whitmore|| Board Member|
The Hillsborough Arts Council is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.