Creative Expression Program 2010
The Creative Expression Program matches highly motivated high school juniors with working artists in the community to complete a creative project. Under the guidance of a mentor, the student will learn the steps to develop and complete an independent project. These personalized
projects may be in any of the arts: drama, creative writing, poetry,
textiles, ceramics,painting, woodworking, and metal-craft, to name just
Up to sixteen high school juniors are chosen each year to participate from Cedar Ridge High School and Orange High School. Applications are available through each school's art teacher/s.
Program consists of:
1. Submitting a project proposal, application form, and sample of work to the school's art teacher in early January
2. An initial meeting to pair up with personal mentor Feb 19, 6pm at the Arts Council Gallery
3. Working on personal project for the month with mentor's input.
4. Attend a formal critique March 19 5pm-7pm at the Arts Council Gallery
5. Gallery Show Reception March 26 6 - 9 At the Arts Council Gallery
Creative Expression projects have been used as extra curricular supplements to college applications. Each student's experience with an independent project, critiques and a gallery show provides them with a greater understanding of the different aspects of being an artist.
For further information contact: Pip Merrick