photo courtesy of the Alliance for Historic Hillsborough
HILLSBOROUGH ARTS COUNCIL BAKE-OFF
CALLING ALL BAKERS!
The Pie Contest has expanded! This season, each Last Fridays will feature a "Bake-off" with different themes each month. Have a favorite pie? Bring it in April. Do you have a cake that gets rave reviews? Then May is your month. See schedule below for this season's themes.
This has proven to be the tastiest fundraiser for the Hillsborough Arts Council and we thank you for your participation. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further info and entry form.
The fourth season will feature the following:
September: A celebration of the Last Fridays Bake-off Season
CONTEST RULES :
- Entries entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Full recipe with list of ingredients and directions must accompany all entries.
- Bring entry to Cup o’ Joe (120 W King Street) no later than 5 pm on Last Friday.
- Fill out entry form for each entry.
- Please bring entries in something that does not need to be returned to you. We cannot be responsible for anything that breaks. Sorry.
the fine print:
Entries become the property of the Hillsborough Arts Council.
If you are a winner, you give your permission to have your photo taken and have it used for Last Fridays promotional materials including the Hillsborough Arts Council website.
A copy of your recipe may be used in future Pie Contest Cookbooks.
Judging will begin at 6 pm on Last Friday and there will be three judges plus a tie-breaking judge if needed. Winners are announced at the band break (approximately 7:30 pm on the courthouse lawn).
a. Overall appearance
e. Use of local ingredients
The pie receiving the highest total numerical value is the winner.
In the case of a tie, the tie-breaking judge will pick the winner.